This fresh Strawberry Shortcake is so easy to make and is the perfect light dessert to any occasion.
You know what my favorite things are? Strawberries and any kind of cake! So this Strawberry Shortcake is perfect for me.
This dessert is so delicious and perfect for any occasion. It is absolutely amazing.
I made this for a dinner party and it was a home run. Everybody loved it so much!
Also what I love about it is that when you eat it you don’t feel so bad about eating it because there is strawberries on them. :p
What you will need…
- 1/2 a Cup of butter = 1 stick
- 1-1/3 Cup of sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2-1/2 Tsp vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 3 Cups of all purpose flour
- 4 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Cup of milk
- 2 16oz container of strawberries
- 1/2 Cup of sugar
1. Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 11 inch baking pan with olive oil or coconut oil. I used coconut oil. Then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder set aside.
- In another bowl, with a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract and then the flour, salt, and baking soda mix, beat well.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and milk.
- Pour mixture into greased baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- For the topping, slice strawberries and pour sugar on top. Stir to mix well. Refrigerate until completely dissolved.
3. Once cake is cool, cut as desired and serve.
Thank y’all. Hope you enjoy 🙂